What is Honda Sensing®?
What is Honda Sensing? It’s the suite of advanced driver assist technologies found on many new Honda models. The dependable safety features in this package offer peace of mind on your Lubbock and Midland drives. How? Read on to find out what each Honda Sensing feature does.
What Features Come with the Honda Sensing Package?
The Honda Sensing package includes either six or seven features, depending on the model you’ve selected. Each collaborates with the others to help you enjoy 360-degree protection on your daily commutes and adventures! Here’s a basic breakdown of each feature’s capabilities:
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)—monitors the road ahead and sends out an audiovisual alert if you don’t have a clear path ahead.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)—detects obstacles in the road ahead and applies your brakes automatically in emergencies.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)—keeps track of the edge of the road and sends out an alert if you’re at risk of crossing over the shoulder.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)—factors in your preferred speed and follow distance to keep you moving with the flow of traffic when you’re in cruise control.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)—tracks lane lines on the road and gently moves you back towards the center of your lane if you begin to depart from your path.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)—if you start to change lanes without activating your turn signal, this system will beep to warn you of the impending danger.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)—uses a camera to detect and alert you to speed limit signs. TSR is the newest Honda Sensing feature, and it may not be available in all models.
Drivers should also be on the lookout for additional Honda driver assistance features, which aren’t included with the Honda Sensing safety package. Honda LaneWatch, automatic high-beam headlights, and a blind spot information system with a rear cross traffic monitor are just a few of the available options.
Can You Turn Off Honda Sensing?
Honda Sensing features are great, especially if you’re spending a lot of time on the road. However, there are going to be days when you’d prefer to shut them down and drive without their involvement. Rest assured, it is completely possible to turn off your active Honda Sensing safety features.
The RDM can be switched off using a button under the ECON setting. The LKAS, on the other hand, can be shut off using the MAIN button. You’ll see the indicators disappear from the instrument cluster once the added protections are gone. The Lane Departure Warning can also be shut off if it starts to get in your way.
In order to configure your other Honda Sensing settings, use the central LCD display or touch-screen to navigate from “Settings,” to “Vehicle Settings,” to “Drive Assist Setup.” On this menu, you’ll be able to fine-tune the functioning of your CMBS and RDM. With Adaptive Cruise Control, you can change your preferred speed or preferred follow distance at any time.
If you require assistance with any of your Honda Sensing safety features, the technicians at Brown Honda of San Angelo are here to help. Schedule service today.
Get a Hands-On Feel for Honda Sensing at Brown Honda of San Angelo
Ready to experience the Honda Sensing safety features for yourself? Schedule a test drive in one of the new vehicles for sale in San Angelo. We can show you all the Honda Sensing features, and show you additional Honda safety features like Honda LaneWatch™ or how to enter Honda radio codes. Whether you want to learn more about Honda tech features such as HondaLink, or how to connect to Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, we’re here to help!
More From Brown Honda of San Angelo
If you’re looking for an SUV that not only provides an efficient performance on Lubbock roads but also an improved cabin, then you’re sure to love the 2021 Honda CR-V cabin. Delivering relaxed seating measurements along with customizable storage space, it’s easy to tackle your day at the wheel of this incredible Honda. Learn more…
The 2021 Honda Pilot delivers a seamless performance you can count on around Lubbock, and it also provides plenty of versatility to keep up with your lifestyle. That’s why you’re sure to be impressed by the maximum 83.9 cubic feet of Honda Pilot cargo space in this stunning Honda crossover. Plus, you’ll continue to…
Lubbock drivers already appreciate the Honda CR-V for its impressive features and fuel economy, but the 2021 Honda CR-V towing capacity enables this SUV to do even more. So, how much can the Honda CR-V tow? The Honda CR-V can tow up 1,500 pounds with the proper towing equipment. Learn more about the new 2021…