How to Connect to Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™
Most of the vehicles in the new Honda lineup, from the Honda Accord to the Honda CR-V, are available with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. So it’s not surprising that here at Brown Honda of San Angelo we often receive inquiries from Lubbock-area drivers who want to know how to connect to Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. In this guide, we’ll show you how easy it is to connect your smartphone to your Honda.
How to Connect to Apple CarPlay®
First of all, you’ll need to make sure that you have an iPhone 5 or later version, and that you are in an area that supports CarPlay. Then, on your iPhone, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and turn Siri on. Next, follow these steps to connect your phone to your Honda:
- Plug your phone into the CarPlay USB port, which should be labeled with the CarPlay logo.
- If your car supports a wireless Bluetooth® connection, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car.
- Start your car and leave it running.
- Ask Siri for what you need by either pressing and holding the Voice Control button on your steering wheel or touching and holding the CarPlay Home button on your touchscreen until Siri appears.
How to Connect to Android Auto™
Your smartphone will need to be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or a more recent version. We’ve found that Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) works best. Here’s how to connect Android Auto™:
- Turn on Android Auto in your car’s settings.
- Download the Android Auto™ app from Google Play. When you plug your smartphone into your car with the compatible USB cable you’ll receive a prompt to download the app.
- Unlock your phone’s screen.
- Review the Safety Information and Android Auto™ permissions.
- Turn on notifications for Android Auto™.
- On your vehicle’s display, select Android Auto™.
Find a Honda with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ at Brown Honda of San Angelo!
Smartphone integration can keep you entertained, connected, and informed when cruising the roads in and around Midland and Odessa. If you run into any issues connecting your Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, the experts at Brown Honda of San Angelo are here to help. We can also fill you in on all the details of other Honda technologies, such as the Honda Sensing® package of safety and driver assist systems, and the HondaLink® connectivity suite, including how to connect to the HondaLink App. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
More from Brown Honda of San Angelo
The stunning 2023 Honda HR-V colors will ensure that this SUV can beautify any San Angelo driveway while it makes the neighbors sit up and take notice of its jaw-dropping good looks. And, there are seven of these colors on a wide spectrum to choose from. The expertly chosen interior colors are pretty snazzy, as…
The Honda HR-V has been a favorite in Lubbock for a long time, and now it’s getting even better! This compact SUV has been totally redesigned for 2023, with a fresh new exterior style and plenty of next-generation technology inside the cabin. Honda SUVs are famously reliable and capable, but the new HR-V adds a…
If you’re looking for a great SUV to get you around Lubbock, then you owe it to yourself to check out the new 2022 Honda CR-V dimensions. With expanded cabin space to meet your needs and an exterior that delivers a sportier ride, this Honda SUV is the right balance to keep you moving. Learn…